Meet Jeffrey B. Hayden, Attorney at Law
Attorney Jeffrey B. Hayden represents the residents of the Bay Area in California, which includes the cities in the metro areas of San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, and Palo Alto. He focuses his practice on criminal defense and juvenile offenses.
Mr. Hayden’s excellent legal skills and adherence to ethics has earned him a place in Super Lawyers in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2014 and 2015, as well as San Francisco’s Top Rated Lawyers 2013, 2014 and 2015. He has earned a rating of 10.0 out of 10.0 at AVVO.com, and the highest possible rating of AV-Preeminent from Martindale Hubbell.
After graduating from the University of California with a Bachelor of Arts in economics in 1986, Mr. Hayden attended the University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, earning his Juris Doctor in 1989. He has been board certified as a criminal law specialist by the The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization and, by appointment of the Board of Governors, was a former Chair of the Criminal Law Advisory Commission; and served as a recent Chair of the California Board of Legal Specialization.
Before establishing his own law firm dedicated exclusively to criminal defense in 1997, attorney Jeffrey B. Hayden served in the United States District Court as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Judge Robert P. Aguilar and the Honorable Judge James Ware in the United States District Court in San Jose, California. He also served as a Deputy Los Angeles County Public Defender for nearly five years. Since returning to the San Francisco Bay Area, Mr. Hayden has dedicated his professional career to assisting residents of San Francisco, Santa Clara County, and San Mateo County, where he served as President of the San Mateo County Bar Association in 2015.
Mr. Hayden was recently Chair of the Conference of California Bar Associations, as well as recent Chair of the California Board of Legal Specialization, and recent President Elect of the Rotary Club of Redwood City. He currently hosts a weekly radio program on KALW Local Public Radio (91.7FM in San Francisco) called Your Legal Rights, providing free legal information and guidance for listeners.
- J.D. — University of Southern California Law Center, Los Angeles (1989)
- Director & Co-Founder: Public Interest Law Foundation of USC
- Judicial Externship: With the Honorable Judge Robert M. Takasugi, USDC Central District of California
- Legion Lex Scholarship
- Miller-Johnson Equal Justice Award
- B.A. — University of California, Santa Cruz (1986)
- California State Bar (1990)
- Certified Specialist — Criminal Law
- NorthernDistrict USDC (1990)
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal
- San Mateo County and American Bar Associations
- State Bar of California (Member, Criminal Justice Section)
- The California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- The California Public Defender’s Association
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Conference of California Bar Associations